Friday, November 11, 2011

In this Edition of: Really??

As I surf the twittersphere I've noticed that there's a whole lot of ho hum about one of the features of Google's new mobile operating system Ice Cream Sandwich.  Apparently the os has the option of a lockscreen that will lock and unlock based of facial recognition software. Pretty cool stuff. While it was stated by Google that this is just a fun feature, not a secure method of locking your device, I knew it would only be a matter of time before some smart guy fueled by the obsession to prove the app can be tampered with uses a picture of a face to fool the app into unlocking the screen.
Really? What's the big deal? So what if a picture not your face unlocked the screen ...I'm pretty sure that picture was of your face so in a way the shit works just fine! Facial recognition ....recognized your face in a picture...looks like it works!!!

Am I ranting?... yes..do I care...no.


No comments: